In modern conditions development of the Higher Educational Institution (HEI) is closely related with implementation of the innovative technologies, scientific achievements and educational standards. This is possible only in case of active cooperation between HEI and many others institutions, establishments and organizations abroad as well as in Ukraine. In the Statute of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University (IFNMU) there are many strategic objectives of University development in the area of international relations and international cooperation. To achieve this objectives in IFNMU was opened special department -International relations department.
International relations department of IFNMU was founded by the rector’s order "About organization of international relations department" № 377-d in July 18, 2011. According to the Statement department’s activity is related with organization and development of international cooperation of the university, international relations and university’s cooperation in scientific, educational and cultural areas.
Department's activity is aimed at solving of the following problems:
• signing cooperation agreements with leading Ukrainian and foreign higher educational institutions concerning mutual investigation of the new teaching forms and methods;
• widening of the contacts in the sphere of joint implementation of scientifically-practical projects;
• holding of the scientific and practical conferences, seminars, trainings and round tables with international participation;
• all-round study of the foreign education and science development experience, realization of the Bologna process particularly;
• participation of the university academic and non-academic staff in different projects in cooperation with foreign universities, financed by international funds;
• expanding contractual arrangements with leading universities of Europe, America, Asia and other world regions;
• involving foreign specialists in working at the university and participation of the leading teachers and scientists in educational and scientific activity of the foreign universities and scientific institutions;
• activation of the university students' mobility, expanding of their opportunities of studying, internship and educational practice at foreign educational institutions;
• enlargement of the number of foreign students, who will study at the university; improvement of the foreign students' teaching techniques; training of the university teachers, able to teach their subjects in English;
• providing with passing of educational practice in foreign languages abroad;
• assistance in preparing and defending theses in the university for scientists from other countries.
In field of international cooperation:
• development of contacts with Ukrainian and foreign legal entities and legal persons, representatives of educational institutions from the foreign countries with the aim of organizational and juridical support of foreigners, who want to get higher education in the IFNMU;
• participation in organization of professional training and development of teachers in the foreign educational institutions, in international educational programs;
• distribution of information about specialities and rules of admission to IFNMU abroad, monitoring of current and perspective programs of academic exchange;
• organizing selection of the participants for an academic exchange programs;
• studying of the best educational technologies of other countries of the world and experience of the leading Ukrainian higher educational institutions in the field of foreign students training.
In field of institutional and management process:
• informing foreign students about the valid legal documents regulating the studying process of the foreign students in Ukraine;
• control over timely registration of the foreign students in CNPRD (Citizenship and Natural Persons Registration Department) according to the current Legislation of Ukraine;
• control over verifying documents presented by foreign students while entering and admittance to the university according to the current Legislation of Ukraine;
• control over assembling students' personal dossiers, contracts with foreign students, and the documents allotted to the foreign citizens;
• supplying of the foreigners with organizational and legal support while validation of foreign studies and degrees procedure, if they provide any when entering the university;
In field of educational activity:
• realization of the analytical and forecasting activities concerning the encouragement of the foreigners to study at the university;
• ensuring the successful training of the specialists among the foreign citizens involving other university units;
• participation in making a solution of the issues, concerning the provision of the paid services for the foreigners.