Call for Proposals in the Annual Competition for Fulbright Program for Senior Students and Graduates
Call for Proposals in the annual competition for Fulbright Program for senior students and graduates will be open till 16.05.2016.
Fulbright Graduate Student Program
Provides study grants for students to complete 1- or 2-year academic programs for a Master of Arts or Sciences degree or non-degree programs at U.S. universities. Senior students and graduates are allowed to participate.
Graduate studies in the US is a combination of learning with individual research work. The system of this level of education provides a wide range of possibilities: obtaining a master's degree (master's program); training in a related field; year/year and a half studies without gaining of a diploma in order to deepen knowledge of a specific scientific subject (non-degree study program); preparation for qualifying examinations and admission to post-graduate studies (doctorate program).
Selection of participants is conducted on a competitive basis in Ukraine and involves the following steps:
- verification of documents for the completeness of their filling and applicants' compliance with the competition requirements (May 2016)
- reviewing of works by the US and Ukrainian experts and determine the persons who reached the semi-finals (June-July 2016)
- interview in English with the participants of the semi-final and selection of the finalists by the US-Ukrainian Commission (mid-September 2016)
- approval of the recommended candidates and determining universities for the program finalists (January-April 2017)
- beginning of studies/grant (August-September 2017)
The finalists of the Program will take a computer test TOEFL iBT (Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language) and GRE General Test (Graduate Record Examination) in October 2016. The finalists of the Program in the legal specialties will only take TOEFL.