Admission to First Year
According to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decree № 163, dated 31.03.15 from 08.04.2015 the rules of stay in Ukraine for foreigners, who have arrived for studies on visa has been changed. The period of stay is determined by visa validity. We warn you, that the university will not be able to make registration for a student if there will be less than 15 days before visa expires.
Information on the Admission of Foreign Citizens to Study
to the SHEI Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University in 2017
1. Admission of foreign citizens and stateless persons is realized according to:
- - the law of Ukraine “On the Higher Education”;
- - the law of Ukraine “On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons”;
- - the law of Ukraine “On Foreign Ukrainians”;
- - Decree of the President of Ukraine of March 25, 1994 No.112, “On Measures for the Development of the Economic Cooperation of the Ukrainian Regions with the Border Regions of the Russian Federation”;
- - Decree of the President of Ukraine of June 3, 1994 No.271 “On Measures for the Development of the Economic Cooperation of the Ukrainian Regions with the Border Regions of Republic of Belarus and Administrative-Territorial Units of Republic of Moldova”;
- - Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of February 26, 1993 No.136 “On Education of Foreign Citizens in Ukraine”;
- - Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 11, 2013 No.684 “Some Issues of Admission of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons to the Education”;
- - Decree of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of November 1, 2013 No.1541 “Some Issues of the Organization of Admission and Training (Internship) of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”.
2. Foreign citizens, who get state scholarships under international agreements, state programs, other international obligations of Ukraine, are admitted to the education within the established quota for admission to higher education institutions on the basis of assignments of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
3. Foreign Ukrainians, who received assignment for studies from the Ukrainian national-cultural societies, when entering higher educational institutions of Ukraine, have the same rights for getting education as the citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international agreements, approved to be binding by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
4. Foreign citizens and stateless persons can get higher education at the expense of natural and legal persons, unless otherwise stipulated by the international agreements of Ukraine, approved to be binding by the Verkhovna Rada Ukraine, legislation or agreements between higher educational institutions on international academic mobility.
5. Foreign citizens, who have acquired complete general secondary education in foreign schools with the study of the Ukrainian language and foreign Ukrainian, whose status is confirmed by a certificate of the foreign Ukrainian, are admitted within the established quotas for admission to higher educational institutions of Ukraine according to the interviews in the subjects defined by the Rules for Admission, according to the recommendations of diplomatic institutions of Ukraine abroad and Ukrainian national cultural societies (if available).
6. Foreign citizens and stateless persons, who come to study to acquire a certain education-and-qualification level of Specialist, are admitted to the SHEI IFNMU of Ukraine no later than November 1 under of the orders for enrolment, verified in the EDBO (Joint Database).
7. The reason for the issuing the entrance visa of type "D" is the original invitation to study of the established type issued by the SHEI IFNMU and registered by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in the established order.
To enter the educational institution a foreigner shall personally fill in and submit a paper application form to the Admission Commision.
Alongside the application the following documents shall be submitted as well:
1) Questionnaire of due form (filled in in Ukrainian, Russian or English);
2) Invitation to study of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine issued by the SHEI IFNMU (the original and two copies);
3) Document on the education and appendix, containing the grades (marks/points) gained in educational courses (the original and a notarized copy of each document);
4) academic certificate issued by a foreign/Ukrainian institution (in case of transfer or renewal for education, starting from the second year the academic transcript must be added);
5) Valid International Passport with a visa for entering Ukraine to study:
- the original;
- a copy of the passport information page with a notarized translation;
- a copy of the page with the Ukrainian visa;
6) health and liability insurance of foreign citizens, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine (the original and the copy of information page);
7) 10 photos in size 35х45 mm;
8) Digital photo on CD;
9) Folder with a metal clip.
* Documents mentioned in paragraphs 3), 4), and 5) must be translated into Ukrainian with the notarization of translation.
* Documents mentioned in paragraphs 3) and 4) of this paragraph must be certified in the country for their issuance in a way that is officially applicable in this country to such a certification, and legalized by a respective foreign institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine, and have a notarized translation into Ukrainian.
The terms of the submission of applications and documents of foreign citizens and stateless persons: beginning – August 29, 2017; ending – October 31, 2017. Validity of the invitation to study issued by the SHEI IFNMU finishes on November 1, 2017, regardless of the date of its issuance.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons shall be admitted to the first year of study at the SHEI IFNMU at the expense of natural and legal persons basing on the results of the interview in Biology, Chemistry and Language (Ukrainian or Russian, and English – depending on the language chosen for study at SHEI IFNMU), on the condition of the full paying of the tuition fee for the one year of study depending on the chosen specialty and language of study, according to the concluded agreement.
The interview is conducted on the next day after the previous submitting of the documents according to the list above and their registration in the Single State Base of Education.
The terms of conducting the interviews: from August 29, 2017 until October 31, 2017.
Admission to the first year of the foreign citizens and stateless person is conducted until November 1, 2017.
Invitation to study (internships) and to study at the Preparatory Department of the institution is issued to a foreigner who is planning to acquire educational material in language training.
To get the invitation for study at IFNMU foreign citizens and stateless persons are to submit the following documents (translated in Ukrainian) to the Selection Commission (at the Department of International Relations):
1. A copy of International Passport of a foreigner;
2. A copy of document on the previous education with the grades (marks/points) gained in educational courses or an academic certificate;
3. Written consent for the processing of the personal data.